|HyperWorks On-Demand is a public cloud solution, bringing software, platform and infrastructure as a service – SaaS, PaaS and IaaS – to Altair customers within a single and intuitive portal. It leverages Altair’s patented licensing system, providing access to a selection of the HyperWorks products and a modern, scalable HPC infrastructure through a secure and efficient web-based platform.
The Power of HyperWorks
For more than ten years, Altair’s customers have gained tremendous value from the patented HyperWorks “pay-per-usage” license model: Customers purchase a pool of HyperWorks Units (HWUs) which are used to gain access to the extensive suite of Altair’s software and HyperWorks Partners’ products. HyperWorks On-Demand extends the power and flexibility of a customer’s investment by allowing the same HWUs to access the HPC infrastructure in the cloud along with Altair’s best-in-class HyperWorks software.
The Power of PBS Works
The HyperWorks On-Demand platform leverages the market-leading HPC workload manager, PBS Professional, as well as state-of-the-art job submission, monitoring and analytics web portals for efficient resource utilization.
The Power of Hosted HyperWorks Units (HHWU)
Altair’s Hosted HyperWorks Units provides portability of HyperWorks licenses by hosting them on the cloud. Users have remote access to their HyperWorks software, reducing IT overhead and managing traceability and access control.
Features & Specifications:
Infrastructure: The high-powered Altair data center is a scalable, modular facility that can be easily extended to support up to more than 10,000 cores, and incorporates extensive physical and cyber security measures. The compute-power density is far higher than that of a standard commercial data center, making it a state-of-the-art facility for HPC simulation computing.
Platform: Modern and intuitive Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) framework for:
- Resource Provisioning
- Workload Management & Scheduling
- Security and licensing Framework
- Enabled Remote Visualization, Notification, Collaboration
Licensing: The computing infrastructure is licensed with two different pay-per-use options:
- With HWU’s, maximizing the value for unsurpassed flexibility
- With Cash, a very affordable hourly rate to maximize usability
Software: HyperWorks On-Demand currently provides access to the following software solutions:
- Altair RADIOSS: Complete finite element solver for structural analysis
- Altair AcuSolve: Leading general-purpose Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) solver
- Altair OptiStruct: Award-winning design synthesis and structural optimization solver
- Altair BatchMesher: High-fidelity FE-mesher for large assemblies in one click
- Additional solutions, including solvers from the HyperWorks Partner Alliance and HyperWorks desktop applications will be added soon.
Back to top
Watch the video above to learn how HyperWorks On-Demand has benefited HYDAC.