Altair Begins Beta Testing for HyperWorks 12.0, Invites Customers to Participate
Troy, Mich., October 30, 2012 –
Altair today invited its customers to participate in a beta testing program for HyperWorks 12.0, a new version of Altair’s globally acclaimed computer-aided engineering (CAE) suite. The beta program is designed to gain feedback from engineers, designers and others, who will test the upgraded version in real-life applications.
Each time beta testers submit their feedback to Altair via the HyperWorks website, they will be entered in a drawing for any of three prizes that will be awarded: a Kindle Fire HD tablet, a Kindle Paperwhite e-reader and a traditional Kindle e-reader. Submissions for the drawing, in the form of relevant comments for fine-tuning HyperWorks 12.0, will be accepted via the registration site until Thursday, November 15, 2012. Winners will be notified by January 25, 2013. Additional information, terms and conditions are available at altairhyperworks.com/hw12
. To join the beta program and become eligible for the drawing, current customers should contact their local Altair representative for registration information.
The rollout of HyperWorks 12.0 is scheduled for early 2013, and users can subscribe for updates on the release, related training material and webinars at altairhyperworks.com/HW12
. The latest version of HyperWorks will incorporate hundreds of new features to meet the changing needs of those engaged in finite-element analysis, simulation-driven design, product optimization and other CAE projects. HyperWorks 12.0 will reflect additional advancements in the extensive capabilities of the CAE suite:
- HyperWorks modeling and visualization tools, like HyperMesh and HyperView, consistently surpass users' expectations, as demonstrated by their clear supremacy in both automotive and aerospace markets.
- HyperWorks 12.0 will further enable the optimization and analysis of innovative composite materials.
- Through RADIOSS, AcuSolve and MotionSolve, HyperWorks 12.0 will offer extended solver capabilities and performance improvements, in particular for such analysis domains as powertrain durability, noise and vibrations, multibody dynamics, aerodynamics and multi-physics.
- Optimization through OptiStruct and HyperStudy continues leading the way to efficient, lightweight products and design exploration.
- Collaborative knowledge management is increasingly important in HyperWorks, easily connecting engineers to other enterprise tools.
“We strive to provide the best-quality technology to our customers for their current and emerging needs,” said Altair Chief Technology Officer James Brancheau, “so the more models on which HyperWorks 12.0 is tested during the beta phase, the more certain we will be that any potential issues are averted and that the quality of the release will meet the highest standards.”
Each beta tester will be furnished with a beta license and a link to download the beta version of the software. Feedback from the testers will be analyzed and introduced into Altair’s quality assurance system as part of the HyperWorks 12.0 release validation process.
Altair Engineering, Inc. empowers client innovation and decision-making through technology that optimizes the analysis, management and visualization of business and engineering information. Privately held, with more than 1,500 employees, Altair has offices throughout North America, South America, Europe and Asia/Pacific. With a 26-year track record for high-end software and consulting services for engineering, high-performance computing and enterprise analytics, Altair consistently delivers a competitive advantage to customers in a broad range of industries. To learn more, visit www.altair.com