Altair Releases Version 7.0 of its HiQube Business Analytics Platform
New version adds mobility, automates data-to-mobile publishing and speeds navigation of sparse data
TROY, Mich., Dec. 10, 2012 – Altair
today released version 7.0 of its HiQube
simulation-driven business analytics and performance optimization platform. HiQube works in concert with an organization’s existing IT business infrastructure to deliver self-driven, advanced analytics capabilities throughout the enterprise. The latest version includes a powerful, new mobile app for iPad and iPhone users, an automated workflow that streamlines data-import-to-mobile-report publishing, multi-core processing to rapidly browse sparse and large data sets, SSL security and user-focused productivity advancements.
Business decision-makers will use the new mobile app—available for the iPhone and iPad—to enable remote access to powerful business analytics capabilities to further capitalize on the value of enterprise information. Executives working in the field, meeting off-site, conferring with prospects or evaluating performance at plant sites now can view all the relevant analytical data from multiple perspectives on their mobile devices through the new app.
“The mobile app is fast, easy to view and straightforward to navigate,” said Senior Vice President of HiQube Software Development Giuseppe Strafforello. “With our new app, on-the-go business executives can carry in their hand the same deep intelligence that they have at their fingertips on the desktop.”
The app is free to users who maintain a current license for HiQube and can be downloaded at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hiqube-mobile/id491153694?mt=8
. Guests also are invited to download the free app to experience HiQube mobility through a hosted demo business model.
The release of HiQube 7.0 includes many other new productivity enhancements, including the introduction of Data Modeler. Data Modeler uses a wizard-driven approach to automate the entire workflow process to import data from any source, create interactive reports and dashboards, and publish on desktop and mobile devices for team collaboration.
Additional productivity and core technology advancements include:
• Multi-core processing to accelerate the navigation of sparse and large data sets. As the volume, variety and velocity of information continues to increase, this new functionality will allow business users and developers to more quickly explore and visualize large data sets and sparse data stores.
• New single and multi-objective optimization algorithms that expand HiQube’s library of optimization methods for advanced predictive and prescriptive analytics.
• A sophisticated macro debugging tool that enables developers to easily find and correct errors in macro codes authored in HiQube. Developers will be able to trace the complete stack and track user-selected variables, thereby debugging their applications quickly.
• Embedded SSL support, eliminating the need for third-party components to secure data. HiQube now offers a native embedded method to achieve https-type capabilities while interacting with the HiQube server.
• An extended SAP connector that, using the latest software development kit from SAP, can support 32-bit and 64-bit architectures for both Windows and Linux systems. The upgrade improves access to a broader range of data sets from the SAP environment.
• A new chart type added to HiQube’s visualization portfolio: the waterfall chart. It extends HiQube’s collection of 25 chart types, the broadest in the business intelligence market.
• A capability to export and import model schemas so they can be used later or shared with colleagues. This new feature lets developers bring back model schemas easily.
“Our development strategy is to continue to automate the exploration and analysis of business information to guide decision-making,” said Michael J. Kidder, Senior Vice President of Altair Business Analytics Marketing. “The advancements in this release significantly reduce the support burden on IT staff while increasing availability of and access to analytics at all levels. We look forward to supporting our clients and valued business partners in building powerful business solutions on the HiQube 7.0 analytics platform.”
To learn more about HiQube 7.0, update training and videos, and to download HiQube 7.0, clients can visit analytics.altair.com/HiQube7
About Altair Business Analytics
Altair Business Analytics delivers analytics solutions that complement and enrich the value of existing BI stack investments by providing deeper, forward-looking insight to realize business objectives. Powered by HiQube®, Altair’s simulation-driven business analytics and optimization platform, Altair’s solutions are rapidly deployed with minimal business disruption, enabling organizations to cost-effectively unlock and capitalize on the value of enterprise information and big data stores. To learn more, please visit analytics.altair.com
Altair empowers client innovation and decision-making through technology that optimizes the analysis, management and visualization of business and engineering information. Privately held, with 1,800 employees, Altair has offices throughout North America, South America, Europe and Asia/Pacific. With a 27-year track record for high-end software for engineering and computing, enterprise analytics solutions, and innovative product design and development, Altair consistently delivers a competitive advantage to customers in a broad range of industries. To learn more, please visit www.altair.com