Aerospace Design Strategies Headline Altair Engineering’s Product Innovation Magazine
Articles on Airbus A350, ExoMars program, IBM grid strategies, and Performance Data Management are featured in new issue of C2R
TROY, Mich., (Feb. 17, 2006)
- Altair Engineering, Inc., a leading global provider of technology and services that strengthen client innovation and decision-making, today announced that the Winter 2006 issue of its biannual Concept to Reality (C2R) magazine is now available. Last summer, the publication was awarded the 2005 APEX Award for Publication Excellence for overall communications effectiveness for the third year in a row.
Featured articles in the Winter 2006 C2R include discussions about:
* How sophisticated simulation tools enabled aerospace engineers to study the feasibility of airbag landing systems for the ExoMars mission
* How grid technology can improve resource utilization and reduce costs in organizations of all sizes - from corporations in the Fortune 500 to small independent businesses
* How optimization technology and methods are driving innovative designs for efficient civilian and military aircraft, including those for the new, long-range A350 Airbus coming in 2010
* How a new performance data management system lets engineers easily manage, share and leverage simulation and test data
In his introductory editorial, James R. Scapa, Altair president and CEO, discusses corporate information and historical data, which he believes are increasingly valuable assets to a growing number of industries. Further, Scapa sees that organizing, optimizing and visualizing performance data is essential in providing the insightful information needed to make sound business decisions.
Contributors to C2R Winter 2006 include: Dr. Richard Slade, senior engineer, Earth Observation & Science Division, EADS Astrium UK Ltd.; Dr. Gerd Schuhmacher, manager of Optimization, EADS Military Aircraft; Sherry Brewer, offering manager, Grid Computing, and Rob Vrablik, senior strategist and solution architect, both of IBM Systems and Technology Group; and Alhad Joshi, Altair’s director of Enterprise Software Consulting.
Concept to Reality targets upper-level managers and executives who want to improve their product development process. Prepared by a team of editors and subject-matter experts, the magazine offers information on innovative product strategy, design development, process automation and commercial technology. Material includes business solutions discussed by independent third-party experts, as well as by Altair engineers.
For a complimentary subscription to Altair’s Concept to Reality magazine, please visit the company’s website at www.altair.com/c2r
About Altair Engineering
Altair Engineering, Inc. strengthens client innovation and decision-making through technology that optimizes the analysis, management and visualization of business and engineering information. Privately held with more than 800 employees, Altair has offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia/Pacific. With a 20-year-plus track record for product design, advanced engineering software and grid computing technologies, Altair consistently delivers a competitive advantage to customers in a broad range of industries. To learn more, please visit www.altair.com