Altair Flux™ 2019 delivers improvements throughout the product with emphasis on design versatility, solving speed and robustness. This has been attained by improving the mesh generator and proposing new meshing options to deal with skin effects. New solving options are also available, implementing new initialization methods for transient simulations, as well as enhanced non-linear solving.
Important at a time when machine efficiency is a concern, new hysteresis modeling capabilities offered by the introduction of Preisach’s model enables better evaluation of iron losses and remanence effects.
More than ever, Flux efficiently deals and solve 3D complex models, and owing to its seamless connection to Altair SimLab™ process -oriented environment, workflows can be easily automated for coupled electromagnetic and vibration analysis.
Finally, new post-processing capabilities ease designer's investigations.
More powerful 3D meshing
- Volume elements through cutting plane visualization
- New mesh generator type
- Mesh layers to model skin depth, ideal for 3D eddy current simulations
- Faster resolution & high accuracy results
Connection to SimLab process oriented environment to automate workflow for coupled electromagnetic and vibration analysis.
New hysteresis modeling: Preisach’s model
- Better evaluation of iron losses and remanence effects
- Hysteresis during solving
- Preisach static vector model (faster than Jiles-Atherton model previously introduced), available in 2D and 3D
- Accurate and straightforward
Results preview during solving
- Completely new solve box, with results preview added
- Mechanical sets quantities, I/O parameters, Sensors
- Selection of the main viewer
Extended post-processing capabilities
- Accelerated computation of iron losses
- New data storage enables faster computation during solving
- 3D curves dedicated to rotating machines
- New post-processing capabilities for NVH analysis, magnetic pressure graphs, etc.
- Available for time domain (time and angular position) and frequency domain (frequency and spatial order) representations
- Import/Export context improved for Multiphysics
- Specific contexts for thermal and mechanical coupling
- Any Flux spatial quantity can be post-treated and exported
- Export for 3D full device can be generated from a 2D simulation!
Accelerating the solving process
- Faster convergence for transient solving
- New initialization method in transient solving and automatic time step adaption
- More reliable and robust transient non-linear solving
- New relaxation method for non-linear solving and automatically switch from the Newton-Raphson to the fixed-point method
- New user modes giving early access to new features and specific expert functionalities
- Enriched library of examples available from supervisor
- New macros to accelerate your daily tasks and access advanced functionalities