HyperMesh 2019 contains many new features that help enhance the core strengths of handling large model assemblies, meshing and solver interfaces.
Model Build & Assembly
- An Assembly View has been introduced to the Model Browser to quickly view an isolated list of all assemblies contained in the model
- Additional entity attributes associated with components, properties, and materials can be added to the browser. That way data can be sorted, filtered, and selected by these attributes.
- A new Metadata Entity Editor enables review and editing of metadata. These metadata can also be added as columns to the browser.
- Automated batch mode generation of part representations from a BOM input is supported in the Part Browser. The output is a HyperMesh binary file.
- 2160p resolution is supported in the HyperWorks products with proper DPI scaling and a sharper graphics area
- Freetype fonts supported in graphics area and HyperMesh panels
- Undo/redo operations are supported by all connector-related functionality
- Connectors are now organized in their own group rather than in component collectors together with their FE-representation
- Remove Links capability has been added to the connectors, enabling users to easily remove link entities from connectors and update their total number of layers
- Filter functionality to isolate connectors and their FE representation connected to selected components
- Several new connector types have been added to the connector library
- A new direct mid-mesh workflow introduced to HyperMesh enables efficient mesh generation of thin solid parts without the need to create a mid-surface. The thickness of the original part can be mapped automatically on to the resulting mesh.
- Altair Batchmesher:
- The ‘flat feature suppression level’ option ignores edges of features within batchmeshing in case they are situated on a flat surface. Similarly, a “Suppress edges by proximity” option suppresses edges that are too close to others, resulting in an improved mesh.
- The mesh flow algorithm considers the geometry and aligns the mesh to create orthogonal meshes, reduces the number and strategic placement of trias, and controls the average element size to provide a more uniform mesh.
- Direct mid-mesh is a new option in Batchmesher.
- A new multi-threaded meshing method guarantees lower memory utilization and a much faster meshing process.
- Define tetra mesh controls for individual solids using local tetra meshing controls.
- The Volume Meshing mesh control now supports Octree Dominant and Hex Dominant core meshing options.
Crash and Safety
- For Radioss and LS-Dyna solvers, a complete solution for occupant safety application has been introduced.
- Dummy pre-simulation can be done by the cable method.
- The Mechanism Extraction tool enables automatic extraction of bodies and joints to create a mechanism within the selected Finite Element model.
- Parts and Instances are supported for import and export only without any modifications to the input file. The hierarchy can be viewed in the Part Browser.
- The Contact Browser is now available for the Abaqus interface.
- The Altair Feko solver interface improves the transfer of element meshes and material data between HyperMesh and Feko.
- The LS-DYNA R9.0 solver interface is introduced, along with related major keyword updates.
- The dedicated Rigid Wall entity houses many entities that are usually handled as group entity.
- Ther is extensive new card support across all solver interfaces.