Altair Launches WEYV, Platform Offering Consumers Unlimited Access to Entertainment in a Single App Experience
Aligned to its mission to unite the world through premium entertainment, WEYV will donate 0.5 percent of revenue to charitable causes
Troy, Mich. – December 5, 2017 – Altair Engineering, Inc.
(Nasdaq: ALTR) announces the launch of WEYV
, a platform for streaming audio and visual content, including music, magazines, podcasts, books, movies and TV shows.
WEYV is available as an ad-free, subscription-based app that allows users to listen to music, read magazines and watch visual content. WEYV is available on iOS and Android devices and via a web player for U.S.-based users.
Key features include:
- All-in-one experience – Music (on-demand and radio) and magazines in one app
- Customization options – Ability to tailor music stations, including sliding scales to set artist percentage and song popularity and filtering options to select genres and decades
- Multi-tasking – Users can simultaneously listen to music while reading a magazine
- Social sharing – Ability to share stations, playlists, songs, articles and reading lists with others via WEYV Notes and social media channels
- Connectivity – Users can invite family & friends and create private groups where everyone can contribute to creating reading lists and playlists
- Access content offline – Download and access music and magazines when a Wi-Fi connection is not available
- Family-friendly content – WEYV adheres to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule (COPPA) so parents have peace of mind knowing their children can listen to music & read magazines safely
WEYV contains a full catalog of music and magazines including:
- Music from Universal Music Group, Sony Music and Warner Music Group and the world’s leading independent labels via the Merlin Network
- Magazines from Time Inc., including but not limited to PEOPLE, REAL SIMPLE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY, FORTUNE, FOOD & WINE, GOLF, INSTYLE, TRAVEL + LEISURE and SPORTS ILLUSTRATED FOR KIDS.
- Industry trade publications, including Digital Engineering, Electro Optics and Fibre Systems
More content – including music, magazines, podcasts and videos – will be added to WEYV on a rolling basis.
“WEYV is the next generation of Altair’s patented content licensing model, allowing us to offer consumers access to various types of content in a way that caters to the usage and scalability needs of families,” said James R. Scapa, Altair CEO.
“Altair’s proven, value-oriented licensing model is the core foundation of the WEYV subscription,” said Stephanie Scapa, CEO of WEYV. “Not only does the model allow our users to conveniently access entertainment in an all-in-one environment and structure a plan to best fit their needs, it also ensures appropriate compensation to our content providers.”
WEYV’s charitable contribution allocations will be determined by music artists and WEYV users. All artists are invited to select their preferred charity from WEYV’s charity program. The more WEYV users listen to an artist in WEYV, the more the charity that artist selected will benefit. Charity program participants include:
WEYV is available for a 14-day free trial and can be accessed via the App Store
, Google Play
and the WEYV website
WEYV is a platform that offers a full catalog of digital content to U.S.-based consumers and is available via iOS and Android devices and via a web player. WEYV enables users to listen to music (on-demand and stations), read magazines and eventually watch visual content like TV shows and movies. WEYV is committed to donating 0.5 percent of its revenue to charitable causes. For more information, visit www.weyv.com
and follow WEYV on Facebook
About ALTAIR (Nasdaq: ALTR)
Altair is focused on the development and broad application of simulation technology to synthesize and optimize designs, processes and decisions for improved business performance. With more than 2,000 employees, Altair is headquartered in Troy, Michigan, USA and operates 69 offices throughout 24 countries. Altair serves more than 5,000 customers across broad industry segments. To learn more, please visit www.altair.com