Altair Launches Consumer-Focused Websites with the Service Release (SR1)
of the HyperWorks 8.0 CAE Software Suite
Service release introduces new technologies and breakthrough speed advancements in results visualization; websites enhance online support, visibility and access to Altair business information
TROY, Mich., June 19, 2007
- Altair Engineering, Inc., a leading global provider of technology and services that empower client innovation and decision-making, today announced the SR1 service release of the Altair HyperWorks 8.0 computer-aided engineering (CAE) technology suite. At the same time, the company has launched its new family of websites to support Altair’s corporate ventures and its rapidly growing engineering software, product innovation consulting and on-demand computing businesses. Altair will phase the deployment of these new websites throughout its global operations over the course of the next four weeks. For more information and to explore the new sites, please visit www.altair.com
HyperWorks provides a highly integrated suite of advanced engineering simulation software tools that increase efficiency and reduce cycle time needed to develop innovative, robust products. In addition to a rich set of product family enhancements, the HyperWorks 8.0 SR1 release includes the commercial release of HyperView and MotionView, as well as the addition of RADIOSS to HyperWorks and the Altair patented HyperWorks Unit (HWU) licensing system; 64-bit Linux support; and two new safety-performance related product introductions: HyperCrash and HyperStudyDSS.
– High-Performance, Solver-Neutral Results Visualization Environment
HyperView 8.0 introduces Smart Memory Management, which significantly improves animation speed and memory management to easily handle multimillion-element models on both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures.
– The Leading Open-Systems Multi-Body Dynamics Modeling Environment
MotionView 8.0 delivers a new graphical user interface that improves usability and workflow; a command line-driven database; and enhanced solver support, including additional MDL entities and contact modeling, as well as enhanced interfaces to ADAMS and ABAQUS.
– A Proven Transient, Dynamic Solver to Simulate Real-World Performance
Acquired by Altair in September 2006, RADIOSS is a finite-element solver technology for explicit or implicit analysis. Over the past 20 years, RADIOSS has become the nonlinear solver of choice for leading manufacturers, government agencies and researchers. RADIOSS is now available under Altair's HWU licensing system, further increasing the value proposition of HyperWorks.
– A Highly-Tuned Modeling Environment for Crash and Safety Analysis
HyperCrash is a tailored pre-processing technology specifically designed to automate the creation of high-fidelity models for crash analysis and safety evaluation. Developed in cooperation with the industry's leading manufacturers, HyperCrash increases departmental efficiency and results accuracy through process-driven workflows and automated model-checking and correction.
– A Multi-Run Study Environment for Crash and Safety Analysis
HyperStudyDSS is a powerful and efficient crash simulation study tool with design of experiments (DOE) and optimization capabilities. With an efficient and user-friendly graphical user interface, HyperStudy enables engineers to quickly identify material parameters, validate simulations and virtually evaluate designs for crash-test ratings. Leveraging best-in-class post-processing, data mining and optimization methods, HyperStudyDSS helps users to rapidly understand and improve vehicle crash performance.
Current Altair customers can immediately download HyperWorks 8.0 SR1 and the Release Notes – with a complete list of new products, features and functionality – by visiting Altair’s Client Center portal at www.altairhyperworks.com. Global software distribution will begin in July. For more information on the HyperWorks 8.0 release and training schedules, and to request product demonstrations, please visit www.altairhyperworks.com
Altair Engineering, Inc. strengthens client innovation and decision-making through technology that optimizes the analysis, management and visualization of business and engineering information. Privately held with more than 1,200 employees, Altair has offices throughout North America, South America, Europe and Asia/Pacific. With a 20-year-plus track record for product design, advanced engineering software and grid computing technologies, Altair consistently delivers a competitive advantage to customers in a broad range of industries. To learn more about Altair, please visit www.altair.com