- 3D Import: Imports STL and STEP files in single or assembly format. Fixes some errors with the files. Accuracy can be changed. Positioning of solids, creating shells, assembly of all different components.
- Initial Settings: Meshing with Control Volume meshing technology. Assigning correct materials to different solids as well as temperatures. Setting up initial filling parameters. Setting up all settings related to heat transfer and solidification.
- Solid: Solidification simulation starting with a filled mold with even temperature.
- Flow: Mold filling of the casting taking heat transfer and solidification into account during the filling. Simulation stops at 100% filled.
- Flow & Solid: Mold filling of the casting taking heat transfer and solidification into account during the filling, followed by solidification down to a 0 % liquid or to a settable temperature.
- Stress: Stress calculation that works as post-processor to Solid or Flow&Solid.
- Browser: Viewing and investigation of all stored results from the simulation modules.
Default Settings: Default setting of all possible parameters for all modules. Database: Open material database for casting and mold materials.
Modules and Products Not Currently Available Through the APA
NovaMethod: 3D Cad system that is designed as a the Preprocessor to NFS handling all 3D issues including fixing of files, changing files and de-featuring.
NovaShot: Module calculates process data for the High pressure die casting process. It is a spreadsheet calculation based on rules and formulas designed by the North American Die Casting Association.
Calibrate: Calibration of thermal properties using thermal analysis.