Where We Can Help
Altair Panopticon is a valuable addition to the analytics stack for Buy-Side firms that need to monitor and analyze best execution, profitability, risk, and more across brokers and execution venues in real time. Sell-Side firms also use Panopticon to monitor and analyze best execution, latency, flow, MiFID II and MiFIR compliance, profitability, and more — all in real time.
Unlock the full value of your trading data. Analyze market conditions and trading activity to make smart timing and execution decisions. Develop instant insights into the pricing characteristics of all your liquidity providers and understand the trading behaviors of all clients across all venues. .
Visualize and fully understand all of your trading metrics:
- Order Book: Visualize consolidated order books across available liquidity pools and identify liquidity imbalances
- Liquidity & Spreads: Microstructure analysis of RFQ-driven markets
- Flow / Hit Ratio: Monitoring and trend analysis of RFQ trading activity across all e-trading channels
- Market Microstructure: Correlate market impact to historic executions, venues, and trading strategies
- Real-Time and Historic Transaction Cost Analysis (TCA): Analyze best execution across fragmented liquidity pools, and through all algo types, books, venues, counterparties/brokers, and instruments
- Real-Time and Historic P&L: Correlate trading costs and risks with revenues
- Liquidity Scanner: Identify temporary market liquidity imbalances across all venues
- Trader Performance: Measure trading effectiveness and see performance trends for all traders and groups
- Basket Trading: Analyze portfolio and index basket risk and return analysis, both pre-trade and during basket execution, and identify liquidity spikes, shortfalls, and performance divergences
- Spread Analysis: Comparative order and quote analysis across venue
Compliance & Surveillance
Panopticon enables compliance officers to maintain a bird’s eye view of all activity – by trader as well as by instrument, asset class, office, desk, and any other dimension of interest – throughout the trading day. They can drill down to see as much detail as needed – down to the nanosecond timestamps – in real-time streams of trading activity or in historic trading data. They can conduct T+1 monitoring and review historic trading data with as much granularity as needed.
- Trade Surveillance: Analyze surveillance alerts, including spoofing, quote stuffing, wash trades, and so on, within the context of the order book. Playback through the trading day tick-by-tick, trade-by-trade. Gain a full understanding of all trading activity, including market health analysis.
- Alert Consolidation: Intraday and historic alert reporting and trend analysis consolidating alerts across traders, regions and asset classes.
- Holistic Surveillance: Analyze alerts generated from trade and comms surveillance. Correlate the different components of fraudulent behavior and support trade reconstruction as outlined in Dodd Frank regulations. Add critical context to existing alerts and produce higher value alerts, which supports more efficient and effective investigation.
- Behavioral Risk Profiling: Holistic surveillance of traders together with trading and risk positions and security alerting. Score traders based on the risk they take on and compare their current performance to past performance and their peers. Investigate trader interaction networks to speed understanding of past activity and identify behavioral abnormalities.