This eBook discusses the challenges linked to designing equipment intended to handle rocks, soils, ores and gravel. It introduces EDEM -bulk material simulation software- and explains how it can be used for the design, performance testing, and optimization of construction and mining equipment.
The following topics are covered:
- Challenges of designing heavy equipment handling bulk materials
- What is EDEM simulation technology
- CAE integration
- Benefits of using EDEM simulation as part of the design process
- Applications examples: dump trucks, excavators, dozers, loaders, grab buckets, and more
- Case study: Increasing the operational performance of a truck load body at VR Steel