Watch this virtual panel presentation & discussion to hear insights from 4 industry experts on the use of the Discrete Element Method as a modelling tool for optimizing pharmaceutical manufacturing processes.
• Challenges of understanding powder systems
• Typical DEM applications in process and product development: mixing, coating, die filling, etc.
• Regulatory framework: using models for regulatory purposes
• Digital design / digital twin
• How DEM can help fast and efficient drug development and manufacturing in the current context
Dr. Fernando Muzzio
Distinguished Professor of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
Dr. Liang Li
Process Engineering Scientist
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson
Dr. Nima Yazdanpanah
Dr. Maitraye Sen
Senior Consultant Engineer
Eli Lilly and Company